|HTC Dream (G1)|
The beta version of Android was released in 5 November 2007, after that the first android device HTC Dream (G1), was released with Android 1.0 which had following features:
- Android Market application download and updates through the Market app
- Web browser to show, zoom and pan full HTML and XHTML web pages - multiple pages show as windows ("cards").
- Camera support, but no way to change resolution, white balance, quality, etc.
- Folders allow the grouping of a number of app icons into a single folder icon on the Home screen.
- Email provides access to email servers commonly found on the Internet and supports POP3, IMAP4, and SMTP.
- Gmail synchronization with the Gmail app
- Google Contacts synchronization with the People app
- Google Calendar synchronization with the Calendar app
- Google Maps with Latitude and Street View to view maps and satellite imagery, as well as find local business and get driving directions using GPS.
- Google Sync allows management of over-the-air synchronization of Gmail, People, and Calendar
- Google Search of the internet and phone apps, contacts, calendar, etc
- Google Talk instant messaging
- Instant messaging, text messaging, and MMS
- Media Player enables managing, importing, and playing back but lacked video and stereo Bluetooth support
- Notifications appear in the Status bar - drag down to see details, also ringtone, LEDs and vibration options
- Voice Dialer allows dialing and placing of phone calls without typing a name or number
- Wallpaper allows the user to set the background image or photo behind the Home screen icons and widgets.
- YouTube video player
- Other apps include: Alarm Clock, Calculator, Dialer (Phone), Home screen (launcher), Pictures (Gallery), and Settings.
- Other supported features include: WiFi, and Bluetooth.
On 9 February 2009, Android 1.1 update for Android was released for only. Included in the update were resolved issues, API changes and:
- Maps: Adds details and reviews when a user does a search on Maps and clicks on a business to view its details.
- Dialer: In-call screen timeout default is now longer when using the speakerphone, Show/Hide Dialpad
- Messaging: Saving attachments
- System: Adds support for marquee in layouts.